Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Yummy Caramel Apple Cake

I hate baking apple pies, because I am not a fan of the pastry crust that comes with it. So, what does one do when you have apples filling up your fruit bowl? You bake!

I made this caramel apple cake, I prefer recipes that says dump all ingredients in the bowl, whisk n pour into pan :P hahahaha my dream recipe book beguns!

Anyway, its sooo superb yummy n caramel-like (hence the title of the recipe and blog)

Recipe as below:

1 cup plain flour

1/4 cup SRF

1 Tbspn cinnamon powder (i grate mine fresh -I use cinnamon sticks for my cooking)

1 1/2 cupbrown sugar

60 gms softened butter

vanilla essence

3 eggs

2 apples, grated

1 cup nuts (of your choice - i prefer almonds or walnuts)

1/2 cup raisins

Add all ingredients above into bowl except grated apples, nuts and raisins, whisk with electric whisker/mixer until its smooth and creamy. Stir in the remaining 3 ingredients andpour into pan and bake moderately for 50mins (i baked mine for 35 mins and knife came out clean)

Yummilicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment